Symmetricom Releases Best-in-Class Management System For Synchronization Networks
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Symmetricom ®, Inc. (NASDAQ: SYMM), a worldwide leader in precision time and frequency technologies, today announced a major new release of its management system, TimePictra®, which provides overall management, monitoring and control of next-generation synchronization networks. This release marks a new generation in synchronization network management, enabling operators to take full control of this essential network function, and making it applicable for all customers. It is a significant enhancement to the popular management system and offers new capabilities in the areas of FCAPS functionality and ease of use.
TimePictra's new modular software structure delivers fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security (FCAPS) capabilities as basic functionality, while advanced features such as precision time protocol (PTP) client monitoring are available as options. In addition, the new architecture does not require a dedicated workstation for deployment, allowing lower cost of entry for network operators looking to remotely manage their synchronization networks for the first time.
A number of critical network applications now rely on precise timing and synchronization, including Smart Grid power sub-station control, high-frequency trading, and 4G/LTE mobile networks. This makes the management of synchronization equipment an essential task toward ensuring high network performance and successful delivery of services.Symmetricom's TimePictra delivers end-to-end visibility and control of network clocks with enhanced features such as a customizable "dashboard" user interface, as well as additional performance, security and configuration management capabilities. Other highlights include:
- Virtual server support ― TimePictra can be installed as a virtualization instance on an existing operator server allowing deployment with no new hardware investment or it can run on a separate PC or higher-end workstation.
- Database flexibility ― Operators have the choice of using the free, open source MySQL database or the standard Oracle edition.
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) end-to-end management — With next-generation networks increasingly using IEEE 1588-2008 PTP, TimePictra allows network operators to manage not only the master clocks in the PTP network, but also monitor the health and performance of slave clocks distributed throughout the network.
- Greater management capacity ― TimePictra can manage up to 2,000 master network elements and up to 50,000 PTP client elements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV