LAS VEGAS, Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT), the global leader in driving technology innovations in the gaming industry, today announced that it has provided The Meadows Racetrack and Casino, a Cannery Casino Resorts property, with a total of 40 server-based connected slots, marking the first arrival in the state of Pennsylvania.
Both the approval and installation by state regulators mark a historical milestone for The Meadows Racetrack & Casino, as well as for Pennsylvania, as they are the first to have server-based gaming in the state.
"As a current IGT Advantage customer, we were looking to expand our systems capability and yield the benefit of having a server-based floor by offering the newest themes before the competition," said Ryan Paulos at The Meadows Racetrack & Casino. "It also allows us to determine which themes will work before we spend the capital for conversion kits to bring those themes to the main floor."
This implementation of server-based gaming means that The Meadows Casino will have the opportunity to provide new games to their floor at a faster rate than casinos in the area which are not equipped with the same functionality."The Meadows Racetrack and Casino will benefit greatly from having a casino floor that is connected to a central server," said Eric Tom, IGT executive vice president of global sales. "They are gaining a competitive advantage by having access to IGT's expansive game theme library, which will allow them to meet changing player demands, at a rapid pace." For more information on IGT's line-up of server-based systems solutions, please visit IGT.com/systems. IGT Resources:
- Like us on Facebook
- Like DoubleDown Casino on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- View IGT's YouTube Channel
- Check out our other games and systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV