Soon, secondary students across England will be given the opportunity that could win them a once-in-a-lifetime experience to spend a day with the former England cricket captain Alec Stewart at the Oval Cricket Ground. The contest, sponsored by MoneyGram (NYSE: MGI), begins Monday, September 17 at 9 a.m. with a press conference at the Oval.
Four schools will be selected to win a visit from Stewart. To enter, schools should go to moneygram.com/cricket and submit a 500-word creative essay explaining why their school should be chosen. The schools also will be required to answer a few basic questions to be eligible. All entries must be received by midnight on October 17, 2012.
Stewart will visit the four winning schools in the U.K. and give students their first chance to meet the most capped Test match England cricketer of all-time. During the school visits, students also will have the opportunity to interact with Stewart, take photos, and request autographs.
“Children everywhere look up to their sports heroes in awe, but very few have the opportunity to play with an all-time great,” said Juan Agualimpia, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, MoneyGram. “Cricket fandom begins as a child, and this contest will bring students closer to their dreams of being an England cricketer than they ever thought possible.”Students from the winning schools will visit the England changing rooms, tour the famed facilities, and receive coaching from the cricket legend. To conclude the event, the schools will play in a tournament, with the winner receiving a trophy provided by MoneyGram. “Just like these children, I also started out as a fan who truly loved cricket,” said Stewart, the former batsman-wicketkeeper. “Through MoneyGram’s contest, I hope to help all the aspiring cricketers have an unforgettable experience. I look forward to the children teaching me a thing or two as well!”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV