Ciena® Corporation (NASDAQ: CIEN), the network specialist, and its BizConnect Gold partner Axians, an independent IT systems integrator, today announced that colocation specialist NewTelco is offering its service provider customers new Ethernet connectivity services based on Ciena’s 5400 and 5305 Service Aggregation Switches. The deployment is live in Frankfurt – the largest Ethernet exchange centre in Europe – and will be followed by an expansion program covering London, Amsterdam, Zurich, Vienna, Stockholm and Kiev, as well as New York.
- NewTelco is a colocation specialist and hardware distributor that serves a wide range of international service providers. Ciena’s Carrier Ethernet Solutions will replace NewTelco’s current exchange network and enable it to offer highly reliable, transparent and flexible connectivity services to carrier customers while supporting higher service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ciena’s solution offers a secure virtual Ethernet switch architecture that allows NewTelco to effectively support all of its carrier customers on a single platform. By supporting a wide range of services on a single platform, NewTelco can minimise the number of interfaces required by customers. Moreover, with Ciena’s highly scalable, flexible and granular solution, NewTelco can cost-effectively meet customers’ evolving requirements, reducing CAPEX and OPEX and enabling it to better compete in the carrier exchange business.
- To rapidly deploy new services and efficiently manage its network, NewTelco will deploy Ciena’s OneControl Unified Management System.
- “NewTelco’s international customers count on us for highly reliable, flexible and cost-efficient connectivity in the key exchange centre in Europe (Frankfurt am Main). Ciena’s technology is powering NewTelco’s position in the Ethernet Exchange industry by enabling us to tailor services to the specific requirements of each carrier customer and support higher, verifiable SLAs.” - Matthias Hartmann, Managing Director at NewTelco
- “Ciena’s built-for-speed Carrier Ethernet Solutions portfolio provides NewTelco with rapid and automated service creation, activation and management, enabling it to efficiently meet the requirements of its customers. With support for multiple services and standards in a single interface and superior VLAN manipulation, Ciena’s network offers NewTelco a flexible solution that supports a full range of services while simplifying network management.” - John-Paul Hemingway, Vice-President and General Manager, EMEA at Ciena
- “Axians has worked closely with NewTelco to select the most advanced, feature-rich technology for its future-proof Carrier Ethernet network. As part of this process, Ciena proved the excellence of its solution in a lab trial, demonstrating the superior functionality that will enable NewTelco to remain a value-added partner to its customers and stay ahead of the competition.” - Detlev Schmidt, Director, AXIANS Business Unit Carriers & Service Providers
- Ciena's Carrier Ethernet Solutions (CES) portfolio combines intelligent devices and software to create low-touch, high-velocity Carrier Ethernet services and metro networks creating a common, consistent way to deliver the full range of Ethernet services.
- Ciena’s management system solution includes OneControl, which provides comprehensive unified management, visualization and control of the network. Additionally, Ciena’s solution enables automated service activation, allowing users to efficiently build and deploy large-scale Carrier Ethernet networks - reducing time to market for new services, accelerating service revenue, maximising service availability and assuring service quality.
- Customers of Ciena’s Carrier Ethernet include more than 150 carriers, wireless service providers and cable operators worldwide, with an installed base of nearly 250,000 Ethernet-enabled sites.
- Product data sheet: 5305 Service Aggregation Switch
- Product data sheet: OneControl Unified Management System
- Brochure: Carrier Ethernet Solutions
- Video: Ciena's 5400 Family - Changing the way Network Operators Compete