In recent studies conducted by WebMD of its leading consumer and physician communities, both groups expressed interest in the ability to track pain through a mobile device to enhance patient-physician communication at the point of care. In a recent survey* of chronic pain sufferers who visit WebMD through a mobile device, 89 percent would use a mobile pain diary through a smartphone app at least weekly and 70 percent would be likely to use an app which featured relevant WebMD condition-focused content to help better manage and track pain.
Other key survey findings include:
- Approximately 40 percent of respondents felt very strongly that this type of application would improve discussions with their physician.
- Over 50 percent of respondents suffer from frequent or recurring pain and are actively treating their pain with guidance from a physician; 83 percent of respondents see a doctor; 50 percent treat pain with Rx medication; and 38 percent treat pain with OTC medication.
The physician survey** also found:
- 92 percent of respondents would prefer if their patients had an easy way to track symptoms between visits, with 65 percent noting a mobile app could allow their patients to easily track their chronic pain intensity and share that information during visits.
Similar to WebMD's other leading health apps, WebMD Pain Coach™ provides contextual advertisements for the engaged user with ad experiences that are woven into the fabric of the app.WebMD Pain Coach™ features include: Journal: The journal puts consumers in control of their lifestyle choices, allowing them to see patterns, discover potential triggers, show tangible progress through goal setting, share progress with their physician, and track to gain a measure of control. Goals: Consumers are able to browse and select physician-reviewed goals from five lifestyle categories related to their pain condition(s): food, rest, exercise, mood, and treatments, or create their own goals. Each related tip can be viewed before selecting a goal, and the goal duration can be set from one day to one year. Tips: Tips are delivered daily and provide consumers with a highly personalized experience to help them meet their specific goals. Tips are categorized by food, rest, exercise, mood and treatments and are physician-reviewed. Library: The Library contains WebMD's trusted physician-reviewed content relevant to the patient's condition(s) and pain management. The Library contains hundreds of articles, videos, slideshows and quizzes, all organized within categories including: Living Better with Chronic Pain, Pain Management Techniques, Treatment & Care for Chronic Pain, and Understanding Chronic Pain. WebMD Pain Coach™ is available for free from the App Store for the iPhone and iPod Touch or at http://itunes.com/apps/webmdpaincoach. Detailed information on the app is available at http://www.webmd.com/webmdpaincoachapp. *WebMD Mobile Survey Methodology: 531 people responded to a WebMD survey targeting chronic pain users conducted in May- June 2011 on WebMD's mobile web and iPhone/Android apps. **Medscape Survey Methodology: 131 physicians responded to a Medscape Poll targeting physicians who treat patients suffering from chronic pain. It was conducted from June 3-June 11, 2012, online in Medscape's Physician Connect Community. About WebMD WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV