WATERLOO, Ontario, Sept. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG) the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced it has worked as a strategic partner with IATA, an international trade body that represents, serves and leads the air industry, to develop an innovative technology bridge that helps air cargo messaging participants easily transition from legacy messaging procedures to the new Cargo-XML standards. The solution provides bidirectional translation and message version control between legacy Cargo Interchange Message Procedures (Cargo IMP) and the new Cargo-XML schema.
Since 2009, the IATA Cargo-XML Task Force, on which Descartes is a participant, has been developing new XML standards designed to innovate how the air cargo industry communicates and offer industry stakeholders an alternative to Cargo-IMP messages. The new Cargo-XML standards provide airlines, freight forwarders and their trading partners with:
- More robust capabilities for data capture;
- Enhanced data exchange and accuracy in support of the e-Freight initiative;
- Ability to keep pace with rapidly evolving customs and security requirements; and
- Reduced cost of infrastructure and communication.
"XML is the next logical step for air cargo messaging, offering a standardized approach for describing, capturing, processing and disseminating data" explains Des Vertannes, Global Head of Cargo for IATA. "We look forward to continuing to work with Descartes and other strategic partners to improve the efficiency, sustainability and security of the air cargo industry."The IATA Cargo-XML Task Force has indicated that the Cargo-XML schema is extendable and opens a channel for greater data sharing and communication between trading partners and intermediaries. It enables the air cargo industry move towards a more robust degree of data portability while helping adopters streamline integration, improve productivity and reduce operational costs. "Active participation on the IATA Cargo-XML Task Force and working collaboratively with key customers has enabled us to develop an innovative conduit that enables Cargo-IMP users to efficiently move to the next level of communication sophistication," said Edward Ryan, Chief Commercial Officer at Descartes. "As a long time IATA strategic partner, we are pleased to be among the leaders who can help the industry facilitate adoption of Cargo-XML by bridging the gap from the previous standards."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV