"The partnership with ICE is a significant step and provides the best outcome for shareholders, members and participants of the exchange. Gasunie is very happy to partner with ICE based on its role as a leading provider and trading platform for global commodity markets and its world-class technology and clearing capabilities. Gasunie and ICE share a commitment to further develop a liquid, transparent and secure gas market for customers in Europe and around the world. This is a positive development for traders, suppliers and consumers in the gas market," said Paul van Gelder, CEO of Gasunie.
The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and certain closing conditions. Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking advised ICE on the transaction and Shearman & Sterling LLP and Loyens & Loeff N.V. served as ICE's legal advisors.
Notes to Editor
(1) Nothing in this announcement is intended to be a profit forecast and the statements in this press release should not be interpreted to mean that the earnings per share of IntercontintentalExchange common stock for the current or future financial periods will necessarily be greater or lower than those for the relevant preceding financial period
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV