CARLSBAD, Calif., Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Adding to its line of Soft Decision Forward Error Correction (FEC) cores for 100/200G optical communications, ViaSat Inc. (Nasdaq:VSAT) is shipping a Multichannel AES-256/128 bit Security IP Core. The core consists of a comprehensive set of pre-integrated security functions that customers can implement into FPGA or ASIC designs. More than just an "AES algorithm," the multichannel engine is a complete security system core.
The security core requires only a one-time configuration load after power-cycle/reset. Once configured, the security core will automatically set up a secure connection to its peer core(s) in the distant-end equipment. The management interface also provides status information to the host, indicating the status of security connection(s) as well as other link statistics.
Key specifications for the security core:
- 100 Gbps data interface
- Single byte per frame overhead
- Built-in, non-deterministic, random number generator generates Traffic Encryption Keys (TEKs)
- Automatic key-roller and TEK generation
- Controlled cryptographic bypass for non-encrypted frame data
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts