10 Best Cities For Bringing Up Baby
1. Scottsdale, Ariz.
What does $150,000 buy you in Scottsdale? The average home, but also a near-spotless safety record that really wowed the folks at Parents. Low crime and low unemployment, coupled with a branch of the Mayo Clinic right in its backyard, make Scottsdale one giant security blanket for expectant parents. It gets powerfully hot during the summer, but average high temperatures that flirt with 70 even in December and January provide year-round access to 67 miles of paved trails, 105 miles of bike lanes and 22 playgrounds with baby swings.
-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV