10 Best Cities For Bringing Up Baby
2. Portland, Ore.
Most cities would be happy with access to Doernbecher Children's Hospital and Shriner's Hospital for Children on the Oregon Health & Science University Hospital campus and the lovely little aerial tram ride to each. That is not the Portland way. The folks who pay $234,000 on average to live in and around the facility enjoy the access to hundreds of OB/GYNs and doulas, but are a lot more hands-on when it comes to child care. Breastfeeding plays a big rule here, with 90% percent of new moms nursing and 27% doing so after six months. State laws allow nursing in public and require employers to give moms time to pump milk, while local restaurants provide changing tables in the bathroom and organic milk on the menu.
Once it's time for day care, Portland parents benefit from state laws requiring thorough background checks for caregivers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV