10 Best Cities For Bringing Up Baby
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Your baby doesn't care what city has the best pizza, beer or tourist amenities for your money. He or she just wants to be safe and kept alive.
When you're entertained by jangling keys, the number of available entertainment options matters less than the doctors checking your development and diagnosing your illnesses and your town's ability to keep people from stealing your parents' stuff or you. Though living in a city affordable enough to keep a baby's parents solvent is also important, the basic items that make cities great for babies and parents alike don't really change.
We consulted with the folks at Parents and Fit Pregnancy magazines and looked at cities with the best prenatal and infant health care, safety records, child care and average housing prices to find the best cities for babies in the U.S. With their help, we've put together a list of the 10 best cities for babies in the country.
Whether your baby is in an umbrella stroller or a $1,000-plus Strolling Utility Vehicle, these cities will make sure he or she gets the best environment available before reaching school age:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV