I think this Apple parlor game is repulsive. You are playing trends that can't be played -- basically what others with very little capital at work might do or not do with every penny trade in any direction. You are gaming the psychology of the moment and not the earnings of the era.
Here's what you should be owning, not investing: an earnings stream that is growing at 15%, that you are getting for 14x earnings, which is what the average stock is selling for in the S&P 500.
Is this an average stock with average growth? No, it is among the greatest wealth creators in the world with a vastly superior growth-and-balance sheet.
You want to flit in and out of Apple to catch the latest review or day's sale? Or do you want to own a stock that's just too cheap not be owned, one that money managers all over the country have to own in order to show that they were in the game or in order to beat the game going into the fourth quarter.I think owning it has it all over trading it. Nothing I heard today changes my mind. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV