FEDERAL WAY, Wash., Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Weyerhaeuser Company (NYSE: WY) today announced effective immediately that all of its Western Timberlands operations in Washington and Oregon will be closed to public access due to the current extreme forest fire danger. The closure will remain in effect until the operating areas receive adequate rainfall and the temperatures improve.
In Washington, tree farms in the Vail, Aberdeen, Raymond and St. Helens operating areas will be indefinitely closed to public recreational access. The tree farms in Aberdeen and Raymond will have limited access to walk-in traffic only, but no motorized vehicles.
In Oregon, tree farms in the North Coast, North Willamette Valley, South Willamette Valley, Springfield, and Coos Bay operating areas will be indefinitely closed to public recreational access.Visitors planning a trip to Weyerhaeuser timberlands in Oregon and Washington are reminded to call the company's statewide, toll-free telephone numbers before heading out to the woods. The Weyerhaeuser Hunter and Recreational Use Hotline numbers are as follows: Oregon: 888-741-5403 Washington: 866-636-6531 Weyerhaeuser Company, one of the world's largest forest products companies, began operations in 1900. We grow and harvest trees, build homes and make a range of forest products essential to everyday lives. We manage our timberland on a sustainable basis in compliance with internationally recognized forestry standards. At the end of 2011, we employed approximately 12,800 employees in 11 countries. We have customers worldwide and generated $6.2 billion in sales from continuing operations in 2011. Our stock trades on the New York Stock exchange under the symbol WY. Additional information about us is available at http://www.weyerhaeuser.com. For more information, please contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV