Presently, technology is represented in the Dow by Intel (INTC), Microsoft (MSFT) and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), three fading PC-centric companies, along with IBM (IBM), a lumbering tech service giant. Cisco (CSCO) is the only company representing the Internet economy.
Cramer said opportunities like Kraft come along so rarely that it was a shame to waste it on just another health care name.
And in Closing...
In his closing comments, Cramer said the micro-analysis over every minor Apple data point, such as how fast the iPhone 5 pre-orders sold out, has gotten out of hand.
He said Apple remains a great company trading at a cheap multiple ahead of what will likely be a terrific 2013. Just invest in Apple, he said, and don't overthink it.--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV