Mitt Romney Is Off Base on QE3 Criticism
More simply, part of the Fed's hope is that these moves will buoy investor wealth and decrease the cost of raising money. Bernanke is also attempting to reduce the cost of capital for corporations to make projects more attractive to invest in.
The Romney campaign used the Fed's new monetary policy announcement to claim that it confirmed Obama's economic policies had failed.
"After four years of stagnant growth, falling incomes, rising costs, and persistently high unemployment, the American economy doesn't need more artificial and ineffective measures," Lanhee Chen, Romney's policy director, said in a statement.
Not all Republicans agree with Romney's approach."The Fed has had a decades history of independence from politics, and I think that the Fed acted when they felt they should act, and not when anyone else said they should act," said Jim Denton, a Nevada-based Republican political consultant. "I remember when President George H.W. Bush was upset with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV