Mitt Romney Is Off Base on QE3 Criticism
More simply, part of the Fed's hope is that these moves will buoy investor wealth and decrease the cost of raising money. Bernanke is also attempting to reduce the cost of capital for corporations to make projects more attractive to invest in.
The Romney campaign used the Fed's new monetary policy announcement to claim that it confirmed Obama's economic policies had failed.
"After four years of stagnant growth, falling incomes, rising costs, and persistently high unemployment, the American economy doesn't need more artificial and ineffective measures," Lanhee Chen, Romney's policy director, said in a statement.
Not all Republicans agree with Romney's approach."The Fed has had a decades history of independence from politics, and I think that the Fed acted when they felt they should act, and not when anyone else said they should act," said Jim Denton, a Nevada-based Republican political consultant. "I remember when President George H.W. Bush was upset with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV