Four Money Questions to Answer Before Retirement
NEW YORK ( AdviceIQ) -- Every now and then you probably ask yourself, "When should I retire?"
Is it simply a matter of finances? Or do you retire when you've "had enough" and are simple unwilling to take it anymore? Of course, there is no one answer for everyone. But you can ask yourself the following four questions and easily come to a better-informed conclusion:
1. How much does it cost you to live on average each month?
Before you quit your job, find out if you have the money to start living the life of Riley or not. And to
If you track your spending or use my "
Once you know how much money you need to retire, the next step is to see how much money you actually will have. This part of the exercise is pretty straight-forward. Just get the figures from your human resources department and the Social Security Administration. 3. Will you be able to create enough income from your portfolio to make up the difference?
When you retire, you probably will need to dip into your savings. Don't feel bad about that. That's why you worked so hard and that's what it's there for. The question is,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV