Conmed (CNMD) is a medical technology company. It emphasizes on surgical devices and equipment for minimally invasive procedures and monitoring. This stock is trading up 2.5% at $28.25 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 186,000Average Volume: 83,617 Volume % Change: 381% From a technical perspective, CNMD is bouncing hard here right off its 200-day moving average of $27.60 with above-average volume. This move has pushed CNMD above some near-term overhead resistance at $27.80. This move is also quickly pushing CNMD within range of another major breakout trade. That trade will hit once CNMD takes out some resistance at $28.91 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CNMD as long as it's trending above $27.80, and then once it sustains a move or close above $28.91 with volume that's near or above 83,617 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CNMD will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $30.35 to $31.42. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV