Diodes (DIOD) is a global manufacturer and supplier of application-specific standard products within the discrete, logic and analog semiconductor markets, serving the consumer electronics, computing, communications, industrial and automotive markets. This stock is trading up 2.6% at $19.67 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 425,000Average Volume: 266,243 Volume % Change: 239% From a technical perspective, DIOD is bouncing modestly here right off some near-term support at $19 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing DIOD within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once DIOD takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $19.82 to $20 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once DIOD sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 266,243 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then DIOD will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $20.75 to its 200-day moving average of $21.14. Any high-volume move above $21.14 will setup DIOD to re-test more resistance at $23. Keep in mind that traders can look to go long DIOD as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $18.49 to simply anticipate that breakout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV