Sony (SNE) is primarily focused on the electronics, game, entertainment and financial services sectors. This stock is trading up 8.1% at $13.52 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.4 millionAverage Volume: 1.6 million Volume % Change: 239% >>5 Big Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher From a technical perspective, SNE is ripping to the upside here with monster volume. This move has firmly pushed SNE above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $12.40 to $12.44. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once SNE triggers its next major breakout trade. That trade will hit once SNE clears some more overhead resistance levels at $14.31 to $14.47 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1.6 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then SNE will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $15.75 to its 200-day moving average of $16.04. Keep in mind that traders can buy SNE off weakness as long as it holds its trend above $12.44 with strong upside volume flows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV