American International Group
American International Group (AIG) is an international insurance company, serving customers in more than 130 countries. This stock is trading up 1.8% at $35.06 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 28.5 millionAverage Volume: 19.1 million Volume % Change: 206% Shares of AIG are moving modestly higher here after the company said the U.S. government is no longer the majority owner, after the Treasury Department wrapped up a planned sale of AIG stock, which netted the government around $20.7 billion. >>4 Big Bank Plays From JPMorgan From a technical perspective, AIG is trending higher here with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing AIG within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once AIG clears some near-term overhead resistance at $35.36 with high volume. At last check, AIG has hit an intraday high of $35.42 and volume is well above its three-month average action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AIG once it sustains a move or close above $35.36 with volume that's near or above 19.1 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then AIG will have a great chance of hitting $40 to $45 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV