Alon USA Energy
Alon USA Energy (ALJ) is an independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products operating primarily in the South Central, Southwestern and Western regions of the U.S. This stock is trading up 4.7% at $14.29 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.8 millionAverage Volume: 367,603 Volume % Change: 969% >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, ALJ is bouncing sharply to the upside here right off some near-term support at $13.50 with monster volume. This move has started to push ALJ into breakout territory, since the stock is moving above some near-term overhead resistance at $14.21. In fact, ALJ has now hit a new 52-week high today at $14.45. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades in ALJ as long as it's trending above $13.38 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 367,603 shares as bullish. If ALJ can hold this trend, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance level at $15.21.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV