The iPhone 5 has a 4-inch screen, sets a new thinness standard at 7.6 millimeters, and weighs just 112 grams. The smartphone also comes with Retina Display and runs on 4G or Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks from AT&T (T), Verizon (VZ) and Sprint (S).
Other iPhone 5 features include a new custom processor chip, the A6, which is 22% smaller than its predecessor, allowing Apple to save a lot of space inside the phone.TheStreet's James Rogers had positive first impressions of the device, which is set to officially go on sale Sept. 21. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Apple put the phone up for pre-order at 12:01 a.m. PST Friday on its Web site, and it sold out almost immediately. Every model of the phone was gone within an hour, according to Apple's Web site. Customers can still get their phones through Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint's sites, though sources at Verizon said they were dealing with higher-than-normal online volume, leading to some delays. Shares of Apple traded as high as $696.98 -- near an all-time high -- Friday and rose almost 1.6% on the week to close at $691.28.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV