One stock that's trading within range of a near-term breakout trade is Alexco Resource (AXU), which operates two principal businesses: mineral exploration and development in Canada, primarily in Yukon Territory, and provision of consulting and project management services in respect of environmental permitting. This stock has been hit pretty hard by the sellers this year, with shares down by over 30% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for Alexco Resource, you'll notice that this stock was downtrending badly until mid-August, with shares consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, it now looks like AXU has reversed its bearish trend to a bullish uptrend following a double bottom at around $3.21 to $3.36 a share. Shares of AXU have now started to surge back above its 50-day moving average of $3.90 a share, and it's moving into range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV