DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford is collaborating with Variety to encourage safe driving at the annual Power of Youth event, which honors the charitable efforts of Hollywood's young entertainers, this year including The Jonas Brothers, Vanessa Hudgens and others
- Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) – the nation's most comprehensive driving skills program – will be on the set of Paramount Pictures Studios Sept. 15 taking teens through a driver distraction course and providing safe driving tips
- Ford also will showcase innovations designed to help teen drivers practice safe driving skills and be more comfortable behind the wheel, such as MyKey® and active park assist
- The engagement represents Ford's continued commitment to elevating the importance of driving safety among the newest and youngest drivers on the road
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is bringing its teen driving safety campaign to the red carpet at Variety's Power of Youth event. The annual event honoring young entertainers and their contributions to philanthropic organizations and causes is being held this Saturday, Sept. 15 at Paramount Pictures Studios in Los Angeles.
In the spirit of promoting efforts that make a positive difference, Ford will highlight the importance of teen driving safety on the red carpet, making its widely recognized Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program available to hundreds of teens in attendance. Among the honored young guests are The Jonas Brothers, Kat Graham, Vanessa Hudgens, Sarah Hyland, Diego Boneta and Jordin Sparks.
"We are excited to take part in an event that recognizes the commitment of young people to making a positive difference," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "This is also a great opportunity for Ford to help elevate the conversation around teen driving safety."As part of the partnership, Ford will provide hundreds of teen drivers an opportunity to get behind the wheel to practice safe driving skills and get tips from professional drivers. A driver distraction course will test their ability to manage distracting situations and demonstrate the importance of keeping hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV