JEWEL-OSCO, a leading Midwest food and pharmacy retailer, announced today that the company is observing Hunger Action Month this September with an aggressive campaign to raise food and funds for food banks and food pantries in the retailer’s service area.
The annual program, called “Give a Little, Feed a Lot,” is going on now at all JEWEL-OSCO stores and will continue throughout the month of September. With nearly 17 million American children living in households that are facing hunger 1, this year “Give a Little, Feed a Lot” will focus on helping children in need. The program will benefit five food banks – Greater Chicago Food Depository, Northern Illinois Food Bank, the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana, River Bend Foodbank and Midwest Food Bank – as well as hundreds of food pantries and the children and families served by these organizations.
“As a grocery retailer, providing hunger relief is a top priority for us,” said JEWEL-OSCO President Brian Huff. “So we are excited to bring back ‘Give a Little, Feed a Lot’ and do our part to help the food banks and food pantries fight hunger in the community, especially childhood hunger.”
During the campaign, JEWEL-OSCO customers can make monetary contributions when they check out at store registers. Stores are also collecting food donations. In addition, the retailer is partnering with Chicago radio station 104.3 K-HITS, to help raise awareness about “Give a Little, Feed a Lot” through weekly radio appearances at select JEWEL-OSCO stores, including the following locations:
- 9/15 – 1200 W. Boughton Road, Bolingbrook, Ill., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 9/22 – 153 E. Schiller St., Elmhurst, Ill., 2-7 p.m.
- 9/28 – 4660 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, 2-7 p.m.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV