Adobe Systems (ADBE)
Background: Adobe is a provider of graphic design, publishing and imaging software for Web and print production. It offers a market-leading line of application software products for creating, distributing, and managing information of all types. Adobe trades an average of 4.4 million shares per day with a marketcap of $15.9 billion.
52-Week Range: $22.89 to $34.78Book Value: $12.35 Price to Book: 2.64 Third quarter earnings is highly anticipated by Wall Street expecting a favorable report after the market closes on Sept. 19. Analysts' mean appraisal is presently 47 cents a share, a gain of 3 cents (6.4%) from 44 cents during the corresponding quarter last year. The last date Adobe released earnings was June 19 and the closing price was $32.89. Based on a recent price of $32.85, shares are down 0.1%. The average analyst target price for ADBE is $34.27. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 17.6, the mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 16.3, based on earnings of $1.98 per share this year. Shares have traded slightly lower in the last month of trading. Shares are about break even at 1.5% less than a month ago. This doesn't give us much insight as to what to expect, but it's a fair statement to say that investors should not expect to get the legs knocked out from under them this release. Currently, 2.9% short interest based on the float is small and not a big concern.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV