Rite Aid (RAD)
Background: Rite Aid is a retail drugstore chain in the U.S. serving customers in numerous states across the country and in the District of Columbia. The company sells prescription drugs and a range of front-end products. Rite Aid trades an average of 3.3 million shares per day with a marketcap of $1.2 billion.
52 Week Range: $0.85 to $2.12Book Value: $-2.90 Second quarter earnings is highly anticipated by hopeful investors expecting an improving report before the market opens on Sept. 20. The analysts' mean appraisal is presently looking for a loss of 8 cents a share, a somewhat better result compared to the loss of 12 cents during the corresponding quarter last year. Right now, Rite Aid has 0 buy recommendations out of four analysts covering the company, three holds and one sell recommendation. The average analyst target price for Rite Aid is $1.35. I would not be surprised if the price target gets raised after the earnings release. Walgreens (WAG) has done a great job at running circles around Rite Aid, but after following Rite Aid on and off for over a year, it appears to regaining its footing. In the last month, the stock performed well with a 7.5% increase. Last quarter Rite Aid's earnings release was held on June 21 and the previous closing price was $1.25. Relative to a current price of $1.28, shares are up 2.4%. The current proportion sold short based on the float is 7.5%. While 7.5% is high by normal standards, the short interest is now near the 12-month low. Bottom line, Rite Aid might blast higher from here. With a significant beat, we may witness a serious short squeeze.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV