ConAgra Foods (CAG)
Background: ConAgra has transformed itself into an industry-leading, branded, and value-added food company. ConAgra Foods recently announced its realignment from three operating channels to two, with the previous ConAgra Foodservice merging with ConAgra Food Ingredients to form ConAgra Foods Commercial Products. The company was founded in 1919 and is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. Conagra trades an average of 3.3 million shares per day with a marketcap of $10.4 billion.
52 Week Range: $22.39 to $27.34Book Value: $10.89 Price To Book: 2.34 TheStreet'sGary Dvorchak looks at CAG Feeling Parched First quarter earnings is highly anticipated by hopeful investors expecting an earnings growth report before the market opens on Sept. 20. The analysts' mean appraisal is presently 36 cents a share, a gain of 7 cents (19.4%) from 29 cents during the corresponding quarter last year. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 14.4, the mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 12.9, based on earnings of $1.98 per share this year. The average analyst target price for ConAgra is $28.00. Shareholders receive 96 cents annually in dividend payments. The yield based on a recent price is 3.76%. Looking back at the three-year history of declared dividends, this company has paid on average 88 cents per share each year in dividend payments. Shareholders continue to receive higher dividends. The company's distributions have increased 5.7% a year, during the last five years. As the company moves closer toward the earnings release, shares have transformed from a highly bearish trend, toward an almost bullish trend. Shares have moved 3.7 higher in the last month. In the previous ConAgra earnings release on June 21, the closing price was $25.26. In comparison to a recent price of $25.98, shares are up 2.9%. The last reported short interest is negligible. Short interest is 1.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV