Apple put up the iPhone available for pre-order at 12:01 a.m. PST last night, and every model of the phone has sold out already, according to Apple's Web site. Apple is working with AT&T (T), Verizon (VZ), and Sprint (S) in the United States, and these carriers listed on Apple's Web site indicate a ship time of at least two weeks.
Among the new features of the iPhone 5, the device has a 4-inch screen, bigger than previous versions.
Shares of NXP Semiconductor (NXPI) were up 1.94% in premarket trading to $26.94 after the company held its first Investor Day in New York.Credit Suisse analyst John Pitzer noted that NXP "delivered an upbeat message and highlighted the potential to deliver LT EPS power in excess of $4.00." He also noted that NXP's management continued to suggest that it will use its free cash flow to pay down its debt, ultimately achieving an investment grade rating on its debt. Pitzer rated shares overweight with a $33 price target.
Cirrus Logic (CRUS) shares gained 1.44% to $42.40 in premarket trading as Canaccord Genuity raised its price target, ahead of a likely earnings increase, thanks to its relationship with Apple. "We reiterate a BUY rating on shares of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV