BATESVILLE, Ind., Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hillenbrand, Inc., has been named one of Indiana's healthiest workplaces for 2012 by the Indianapolis Business Journal and the Healthiest Employers ® program, an innovative awards program that recognizes organizations for proactively shaping the health of their employees.
One of only five Indiana companies recognized with this honor, Hillenbrand won in the 1,500–4,999 employees category for its operations in Batesville, where its corporate offices and Batesville Casket Company subsidiary are headquartered and where the company has operated an on-site Health and Wellness Center offering free medical care to associates and their families since 2010.
Hillenbrand is also the parent company of Rotex Global LLC, a Cincinnati-based manufacturer of screening equipment, feeders, and automated analyzers for a broad range of process industries. Hillenbrand acquired Rotex in 2011 and plans to expand the medical services of its Health and Wellness Center to Rotex employees this year.
"We are honored that our efforts toward improving associates' health and wellness have been recognized, and we're proud of this achievement," said Kenneth A. Camp, President and CEO of Hillenbrand.Building on its philosophy that every business process can be improved through the application of lean thinking principles, in 2009 the company began evaluating the health care experiences of its associates through this same lens. "It became very clear the existing processes were burdened with non-value-added elements that, if eliminated, would enable us to take better care of our associates, make doctors and nurses more satisfied, and also reduce cost by eliminating waste," Camp said. "We felt the key was a member-focused, integrated health care approach that first emphasized the quality and delivery of care to Hillenbrand associates."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV