ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced the launch of a new family of fifth-generation non-phthalate catalysts for polypropylene (PP) production. These catalysts will be sold under the existing Avant trade name and complement the company's well-established third-, fourth- and fifth-generation Ziegler-Natta PP catalysts.
"LyondellBasell is the leader in PP catalyst sales and development with a strong market position in fifth-generation catalyst technology," said Jim Seward, LyondellBasell Director of Catalyst and Licensing Business. "This new family of catalysts will further extend our offering in that field, targeting the full range of PP products and applications."
Seward continued, "This development aligns with a continued market interest in using existing fifth-generation diether and succinate catalysts for a range of product applications. For example, there is a market trend to extend the use of diether catalysts, already the established benchmark for the production of polymers used in spun-bond fiber, high melt flow impact copolymers and random copolymer, to also produce BOPP and raffia grades."
LyondellBasell produces polyolefin catalysts in Ferrara, Italy, Frankfurt and Ludwigshafen, Germany and Edison, N.J. The Avant catalyst range comprises of the following families:
- Avant ZN - Ziegler-Natta catalysts for polypropylene
- Avant Z - Ziegler catalysts for polyethylene
- Avant C - Chromium catalysts for polyethylene
- Avant M - Metallocene catalysts for polypropylene
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV