OPT’s contract backlog as of July 31, 2012 was $5.8 million, compared to $6.8 million as of April 30, 2012 and $7.1 million as of July 31, 2011. Backlog includes funded amounts and unfunded amounts that are expected to be funded in the future. Funded backlog was $5.0 million, $4.8 million, and $5.1 million as of July 31, 2012, April 30, 2012, and July 31, 2011, respectively. The Company’s contract backlog consists largely of orders to support its product development.
Results for the Fiscal First Quarter Ended July 31, 2012
For the three months ended July 31, 2012, OPT reported revenues of $1.0 million as compared to revenues of $1.9 million for the three months ended July 31, 2011. This decrease primarily reflects lower revenues tied to the US Navy’s Littoral Expeditionary Autonomous PowerBuoy (“LEAP”) program on a year-over-year basis, as that project was successfully completed in fiscal 2012. This decline was partially offset by an increase in revenue from the Company’s WavePort project in Spain.The net loss for the three months ended July 31, 2012 was $4.4 million as compared to a net loss of $5.0 million for the three months ended July 31, 2011. The reduction in net loss year-over-year was due primarily to a decrease in product development costs, principally for the PB150 system successfully deployed off Scotland in 2011 and lower costs related to the PB150 buoy in Reedsport, Oregon. These decreases in product development costs were partially offset by increased investment in advanced technology development. Cash and Investments On July 31, 2012, total cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash and investments were $29.4 million, as compared to $33.2 million as of April 30, 2012. The net decrease in cash and investments was $3.8 million for the three months ended July 31, 2012, compared to $5.2 million for the three months ended July 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV