- Net loss decreased to $4.4 million for the three months ended July 31, 2012 compared to $5.0 million for the three months ended July 31, 2011, primarily reflecting a 38% decrease in product development costs.
- Efforts continued in Australia following the announcement of a teaming agreement with Lockheed Martin for the development of a proposed 19 megawatt wave energy project off Portland, Victoria. Focus is now on permitting activity and securing the required financing to meet the conditions for the receipt of a previously announced A$66.5 million (US$69.5 million) grant from the Commonwealth of Australia.
- The U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”) approved the full build-out of OPT’s proposed 1.5 megawatt, grid-connected wave power station off Reedsport, Oregon – the first such license to be issued for a wave power station in the U.S. The Company is in the process of final assembly and inland testing of the first PowerBuoy ® to be installed at the Reedsport site. OPT expects that this PowerBuoy will be ready for deployment in early October. At that time, the Company will be dependent on the weather conditions for determination of when to commence deployment activities.
- OPT has entered into a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (“CRADA”) with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) to demonstrate the use of OPT’s Autonomous PowerBuoy (“APB”) for ocean surveillance. OPT has also been awarded a new $75,000 grant from the Maryland Technology Development Corporation (“MTDC”) via a joint technology transfer initiative to demonstrate how the APB can be used with multiple surveillance technologies.
Ocean Power Technologies Announces Results For The Fiscal First Quarter Ended July 31, 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.