Amkor has been an industry pioneer. We actually pioneered a lot of the technology over the years and we have been driving innovation in the space for over four years. We did go public in 1998, and have been listed NYSE since then.
One of our key strengths is that we believe we are in the right markets with the right customers, so we are looking at not just individual customers, but spaces where there is growth and where there is the potential to operate profitably.
We have a strong competitive position within the OSAT space, being the number two player, and there's a number of favorable trends from the perspective of the OSATs, where both, the growth of fabless design houses where they don't have any other manufacturing, so kind of by definition their business gets outsourced to the OSAT, as well the IDMs more fab-lite strategy tends to favor us as they outsource more and more of their demand.
From the key financial highlights, the information here is, this is the last trailing 12 months through June 30th. Amkor, although we are in asset-intensive business, so a lot of our growth does need to come from CapEx. We take a very balanced perspective with respect to our profitability. We want to focus on growth, but profitable growth not just every top line dollar, but we do want to balance that with strong cash flow generation. We look to take the right opportunities, but not necessarily every opportunity.We do, obviously, work in a very cyclical industry. Our goal is to manage our profitability through those cycles and be able to take advantage of both, growth cycles as well as be defensive when things are correcting.The balance sheet has gotten much stronger, we paid down about $900 million of net debt in the last six years and debt-to-EBITDA right now is about 2.7, so a very healthy balance sheet and better than it had been in the past.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV