So if we just step back for minute and look at the high level semiconductor market you can really bifurcate it into two major buckets. The first one is memory and the other one is everything else which would broadly define as SOC. LTX-Credence does not focus on the memory test equipment space and so all of our efforts are really geared towards the SOC space.
And if you try to get in to a little bit more detail inside the SOC market space, you can see exactly where we focus our solutions and it's really around these five market segments that we have outlined on the bottom here, ASSP, ASIC, microcontrollers, data converters, RF applications as well as power management.
And that addressable market for the last calendar year was approximately $1.2 billion or that accounts about two thirds of the overall test equipment space for SOC. So if you want to drill into a little bit more detail on these five markets segments, you can see the approximate size in terms of the IC market and the overall estimated growth rates of those chip markets. And what our market share is in terms of test equipment for selling into those market segments.
And then the last kind of really talks about our relative position in that space. So you can see how we've been able to get some pretty good penetration, pretty much across the board with the exception of the area highlighted at the bottom of this of this chart which is the digitally centric ASSP market.And as a result of our lower than average market share, we have been designing a new product that we just launched earlier this year called a Diamondx to really go after that market space. That market space is approximately $400 million in size and so it’s a pretty substantial market opportunity for LTX-Credence and that’s one of the areas where we see a lot of our growth coming from over the next cycle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV