CHICAGO, Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, and Bank of China Limited (BOC), the world's ninth largest bank with the highest degree of internationalization and diversification, announced Bank of China, New York Branch will become a CME Clearing settlement bank and collateral custodian, subject to regulatory approval. With the addition of Bank of China, New York Branch, CME Group's customers will now have an even more diverse list of approved settlement banks to choose from.
"We're pleased to expand our global reach with Bank of China, New York Branch as our partner because this offers our clearing member firms alternative options to fulfill collateral obligations and daily settlements at CME Clearing," said Kim Taylor, President, CME Clearing. "To several of our newer member firms, this is an opportunity to establish a banking relationship with a familiar name in their region."
"This successful collaboration with CME Group is a great milestone in the development of the relationship between our two companies and also demonstrates the Bank's emergence as a global financial leader by providing comprehensive services in the Commodities Futures business to customers globally," said Xu Chen, General Manager, Corporate Banking Unit (Financial Institutions), Bank of China.In March 2012, CME Group and BOC announced the companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding that confirmed both organizations' intent to explore and potentially collaborate in the areas of clearing membership, banking settlement, offshore RMB depository and cross-border futures business in the U.S. and China. BOCI Commodities & Futures Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BOC, currently serves as a CME Clearing member. CME Group's selection of BOC is an acknowledgement of BOC as a leader in the U.S. banking and security services markets in America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV