Agricultural and construction equipment maker Deere (DE) is the biggest name on our list. The $30 billion firm has been battling headwinds since the "Great Recession" reared its ugly head and pulled the rug out from under the construction side of Deere's business.
But the pain inflicted on Deere's business wasn't as bad as many investors initially thought -- and rising commodity prices have helped the firm roll plenty of its signature green and yellow tractors off of its factory lines. The firm's post-recession bounce sets the stage for a bigger dividend payout in the next quarter.>>5 High-Yielding Stocks in a Strong Bull Trend Worldwide, Deere is probably the most recognizable name in agricultural equipment. The firm's heavy machinery is used the world around, a factor that's been helping Deere's sales as emerging markets look for ways to modernize and increase production for farms. The firm already owns half of the U.S. ag market, positioning that ensures continued spending in a mature market as machinery ages and demand for parts and replacement equipment perks up. Deere has never been the price leader. Instead, it's focused on harnessing a quality reputation and the latest technology to sell tractors and combines. The strategy has worked well for DE, and maintaining that valuable brand gives it an edge that rivals don't have. Deere's captive finance arm is another major ace in its pocket. In this environment, the firm has access to exceedingly cheap capital, and it should be able to stoke the growth fires as a result. With a payout that currently comes in at 46 cents a quarter, Deere has room to move its 2.39% yield higher next quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV