We actually just acquired 1,200 patents from Fujifilm for $105 million in the last month and we have our patents issued and pending worldwide. I am certain one of the questions that I will get will have to do with some of the oppositions or issues with some of our patents and I would be happy to answer them during the Q&A.
The OLED technology is in all the Samsung Galaxy products. It's in the Galaxy Note. If you were here at CES, I can say it was January, you would have seen Samsung and LG both demonstrate 55 inch OLED TVs. These are prototypes. There is really no commercial product in the market place.
Samsung is the largest supplier of OLED technology in the market place today. We have a long terms license agreement with them and I will go through that in a little more detail. We also use our technology for lighting applications and OLED is a very efficient light emitter and we assigned a number of licenses to lighting companies.
The market, just on the display side, based upon display surge is one that is growing rapidly. This is a chart that we have actually used for 10 years and the only difference is that it looked the same for the past 10 years except the years have changed underneath.Well, in the last six months, they have actually pulled their numbers in and have increased the market size as opposed to over the past six or seven years where it always looked the same except you just slid them for a year. The capacity is there. The manufacturers are there. The industry is really starting to take off. We have got a long term license agreement with Samsung. It's through 2017. We have fixed license fees that we receive each year from Samsung in increasing amounts. We do not disclose what the future amounts are but the amount for 2012 is $30 million on the license side. In addition, they have guaranteed minimum purchases of our emissive materials in increasing amounts also through 2017.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV