Channel business is around 20%, but even some of the channel business really is for demand fulfillment for OEMs. So overall, it’s a very OEM-centric business. And if you look at our end customers, they tend to be big enterprises like AT&T, Federal Express, Intel, but also we serve web giant like Amazon and other Web 2.0 companies, too.
Now I want to talk quickly about the fundamental demand drivers for QLogic’s technology and the product, the major technology trends happening in the data center. All of us know there is significant explosion of data. We created so much data, like 90% of digital data in the world has been created during the last two years. And this trend will continue, because there’s a continued explosion of devices, applications, social media, every one of us really wants to get instant access to information, and every business now really need a competitive advantage by instant access to information, data, business intelligence, analytics.
So all those factors really end up creating more and more volume data, that’s why the big data terminology come into play. All the data created need to be processed by servers. They also need to be transmitted. So there will be like 4.8 zettabyte annual global IP traffic by the end of 2015, and also other data needed to be installed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV