According to Drexler, the recent strength in retail has been coming at the hands of deep discounting, which means the companies that are most in control of their inventory and costs are coming out the biggest winners.
Drexler also expressed doubts that JC Penney (JCP) CEO Ron Johnson will be able to pull off an effective turnaround at the retail giant.
Drexler, who also sits on the board of Apple (AAPL), took a moment to mention that he misses the late Steve Jobs but feels the company's present CEO, Tim Cook, is doing a fabulous job.
Cramer said you learn something new every day in the stock market, and he learned plenty.--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV