About Abbott's Approach to CitizenshipResponsible global citizenship is an integral part of Abbott's mission to improve people's lives, focused on four key areas: innovating for the future, enhancing access to health care, protecting patients and consumers, and safeguarding the environment. Working in partnership with others, Abbott leverages its core business expertise and resources to create sustainable solutions in countries around the world.In addition to being included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes, Abbott ranked No. 29 on Barron's magazine 2012 ranking of the world's most respected companies. Abbott was selected by leading investment and analysis firm MSCI for inclusion on three of its sustainability indices in 2012, and the company has been included in the global 100 Best Corporate Citizens list compiled by Corporate Responsibility magazine for four consecutive years. Abbott also was named one of the top three "Best in Class" companies in its industry sector by Storebrand Investments, a leading socially responsible investment (SRI) firm, and has been included on the Ethibel Excellence Investment Register since 2005 in recognition of the company's economic, social and environmental performance.
To learn more about Abbott's sustainability initiatives and to read or download the company's 2011 global citizenship report, please visit
About Abbott Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Abbott's news releases and other information are available on the company's Web site at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV