To use your health plan most effectively for the rest of 2012, now is the time to determine what you’ve spent on health care to date, prepare for future health care needs, and make a proactive plan to manage your health, Cigna is telling consumers in a new YouTube video series. Because women make approximately 80 percent of health care decisions for families, Cigna's YouTube series features two Cigna women executives discussing tips for consumers about how they can make good health care choices and best use their health plan benefits.
Among the topics covered are:
PLAN. “We’re often great at budgeting household expenses like our mortgage, groceries or vacations, but many of us don’t think about budgeting for health care expenses,” says Ann Asbaty, chief operating officer for Cigna national accounts. “The more you can anticipate upcoming costs, the more you can save while still receiving the quality care you expect for you and your family.”
Spend one night reviewing your health care expenses. Know what you have spent to-date and think about what your future costs may be. Knowing this information can help you budget accordingly.PREPARE. There are a few things that you can do now to be prepared to make quick decisions when you need to:
- Know where the nearest urgent care facility is. These facilities provide the same quality of care for non-emergency situations as an emergency room, but usually have shorter wait times and are typically less expensive.
- Check your health plan to see if they offer a 24/7 nurse hotline to provide you with health-related information around the clock.
- Keep the phone number handy for your local pharmacy. Prescriptions can often be called in quickly, right from the doctor’s office, saving time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV