To use your health plan most effectively for the rest of 2012, now is the time to determine what you’ve spent on health care to date, prepare for future health care needs, and make a proactive plan to manage your health, Cigna is telling consumers in a new YouTube video series. Because women make approximately 80 percent of health care decisions for families, Cigna's YouTube series features two Cigna women executives discussing tips for consumers about how they can make good health care choices and best use their health plan benefits.
Among the topics covered are:
PLAN. “We’re often great at budgeting household expenses like our mortgage, groceries or vacations, but many of us don’t think about budgeting for health care expenses,” says Ann Asbaty, chief operating officer for Cigna national accounts. “The more you can anticipate upcoming costs, the more you can save while still receiving the quality care you expect for you and your family.”
Spend one night reviewing your health care expenses. Know what you have spent to-date and think about what your future costs may be. Knowing this information can help you budget accordingly.PREPARE. There are a few things that you can do now to be prepared to make quick decisions when you need to:
- Know where the nearest urgent care facility is. These facilities provide the same quality of care for non-emergency situations as an emergency room, but usually have shorter wait times and are typically less expensive.
- Check your health plan to see if they offer a 24/7 nurse hotline to provide you with health-related information around the clock.
- Keep the phone number handy for your local pharmacy. Prescriptions can often be called in quickly, right from the doctor’s office, saving time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV