ATLANTA, Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KMC On Demand(SM) and a key insurance industry advisory committee have released the second Property Technical Certification (PTC) program, which focuses on exterior loss adjusting.
PTC is designed to fill a gap in validation of expertise among property claims adjusters. "As experienced adjusters move toward retirement, we are seeing a growing need for claims processing skills and technical know-how," said Douglas F. Dell, senior vice president of eLearning for Crawford Educational Services, which includes KMC On Demand. "PTC can help organizations handle the professional development and succession planning challenges they are facing in today's market."
PTC II reviews key elements of residential and commercial exterior loss adjusting, including framing, roofing, siding, fencing, drains and claims handling. The program is available via KMC On Demand and also AdjusterPro, which offers educational and career resources for adjusters, and the National Association of Catastrophe Adjusters.
PTC I, which was launched in early 2011, focuses on core property adjusting skills. As the module enters its second year of deployment, test results indicate enhanced skills and early signs of improved claims administration among those who have taken the program, according to Dell."If you compare pre- and post-mastery test questions answered by certificate holders, the average improvement is significant," Dell said. "This shows that the program helps adjusters absorb and retain what they have learned. Our initial results also show improvement in the speed of claim handling and a reduction in the days that claims remain open, a validation that adjusters can apply the knowledge once they are back in the field." A Property Advisory Committee (PAC) made up of high-level professionals from insurance companies, independent adjusting companies and contractor networks worked together for more than two years to establish the PTC, including collaboration on technical content. The program provides:
- Online instruction and training in specific property technical knowledge, skills and competencies
- Evaluation of achievements that demonstrate knowledge
- Certificate and CE credits awarded to participants who meet performance and proficiency goals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV