Health Net Federal Services, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), and Managed Health Network, Inc. ( MHN), Health Net, Inc.’s behavioral health services subsidiary, today announced their sponsorship of the 5th National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic, scheduled to be held in San Diego from Sept. 16 to 21, 2012.
The annual sports clinic promotes rehabilitation of body and mind by teaching summer sporting activities to recently injured veterans with significant physical or psychological impairments, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
In addition, Health Net Federal Services is sponsoring Chris Devlin-Young, the 2011 World Paralympic Super G champion and U.S. Coast Guard veteran, who will serve as a mentor and guest speaker at the National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic to help veterans with disabilities embrace their potential. A four-time Paralympic Games medalist, Devlin-Young has helped to prove that opportunities for athletes with disabilities are unlimited.
“Health Net Federal Services is proud to participate in this important event for veterans that helps them rebuild their courage and confidence,” said Tom Carrato, president, Health Net Federal Services. “Sports and activities provide an excellent opportunity to challenge ourselves, overcome doubts and realize our own potential, which is imperative to leading a fulfilled life following a life-altering injury.”Health Net recognizes the benefits of a holistic approach to wellness and will host onsite coaches from MHN at the National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic to offer support, education and life skills for participating veterans and their caregivers. Health Net aims to help recently injured veterans, their family members and caregivers apply the tools and skills they learn at the National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic in their daily lives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV