South Jersey Energy, a subsidiary of South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI), has purchased a retail marketing book of Pennsylvania customers from CenterPoint Energy Services of Houston, Texas.
Through this purchase, SJE has acquired a strong book of business that fits well with its northeast footprint. The purchase of these assets will firmly establish SJE’s presence in Eastern Pennsylvania, an identified area of growth for SJE’s energy commodity sales business.
The more than 1,000 commercial and industrial customers acquired through this purchase are primarily retail natural gas sales within the utility service areas of UGI, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, PECO Energy and Equitable.
This sale was made possible by significant changes in Pennsylvania’s competitive landscape. Natural gas production in the Marcellus Shale has expanded dramatically and the state’s electricity market is fully deregulated. This market supports SJI’s existing wholesale gas sales efforts in the Marcellus Shale.About South Jersey Energy South Jersey Energy acquires and markets natural gas and electricity to retail end users and provides total energy management services to commercial and industrial customers. SJE’s customers are primarily located in New Jersey, northwestern Pennsylvania and New England. For more information about SJE, visit www.southjerseyenergy.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV