Monmouth Real Estate Investment
The first stock we're looking at today, Monmouth Real Estate Investment (MNR), isn't the biggest name on our list -- far from it. But this small-cap REIT has been getting a lot of attention from traders lately, and with a textbook pattern forming in shares right now, it's worth taking a look.
Monmouth is currently forming an ascending triangle pattern, a setup that's formed by a horizontal resistance level to the upside for shares and an uptrending support level below them. Basically, as MNR's share price bounces in between those two technically significant levels, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above resistance at $11.70. That breakout is our buy signal .The declining volume level over the course of the pattern is another factor that makes that setup textbook. Ideally, we'd want to see a volume spike appear when shares break out. That tells us that buyers are participating in the move. If you decide to take this trade, I'd recommend putting a protective stop just under the 50-day moving average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV