BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's data Thursday today, but one set of economic announcements matters more than all the rest: the Fed's rate decision this afternoon and Ben Bernanke's press conference at 2:15 p.m.
Bernanke has been busy for the last several weeks, whispering sweet nothings about QE3 to all-too-excited market participants. The problem with those comments so far is that "sweet nothings" are exactly what the Fed has committed to.
Put another way, talk is cheap, but QE3 is expensive -- really expensive. To me, it's not clear at this point whether Bernanke is seriously considering another aggressive round of quantitative easing, or if he's politicking by merely hinting at it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV