Darksiders II Wii U Packshot (Graphic: Business Wire)
THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today confirmed that its upcoming action adventure title Darksiders ® II will be released for the Wii U™ system at launch and will include additional content.
The Wii U edition of Darksiders II will feature additional bonus-content not included with other formats. Included on the disc will be the first DLC expansion, Argul’s Tomb, as well as all pre-order bonuses from other editions, adding around five hours of playable content and new legendary weapons and armor.
Darksiders II on Wii U will take advantage of the unique Wii U™ GamePad, utilizing the touch screen to display map and objectives as well as giving quick access to abilities and Death’s inventory. The Wii U system’s gyro functionality will also be utilized to allow players to evade enemy attacks, manipulate objects in the world and steer their character during swimming and riding sequences.
Ryan Stefanelli, Producer of Darksiders II commented: “We are delighted that Wii U owners will be able to experience the vast world of Darksiders II at launch. The unique Wii U GamePad adds a whole world of possibility that we will be taking advantage of in this title.”Darksiders II follows the exploits of DEATH, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in an action-packed tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels DEATH through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother WAR, the horseman blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders. Darksiders II is scheduled to be available for Wii U at the console’s launch. For more information visit www.Darksiders.com. About Darksiders II Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen embarks on a quest to redeem his brother's name. Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV