BROOKINGS, S.D., Sept. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Daktronics (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D., announced today that it has named Sheila Anderson as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, effective 10 September 2012. Anderson joined the company as a senior accountant in 2002 and has served as Corporate Controller since 2006. As Corporate Controller, she has supervised the company's accounting functions and been responsible for the company's internal and external financial reporting. Her experience prior to Daktronics includes senior accountant at Dakota Minnesota and Eastern Railroad, and accounting and auditing functions at two public accounting firms. Anderson holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Southwest Minnesota State University and is pursuing a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of South Dakota.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14672
Anderson replaces Bill Retterath, who recently departed from the company. "Bill served as Daktronics' CFO since 2001," said Jim Morgan, CEO of Daktronics. "I appreciate the contributions Bill has made over that time, and wish him all the best in his future endeavors.""I have been honored to serve the company over the years and as I leave the company I believe it is well positioned to achieve its long-term financial goals. I have enjoyed working with Sheila and know that she will do a great job in her new role," said Bill Retterath. "With our mix of standard products, large contracts, and international business our accounting systems are reasonably complex for the size of our company," continued Morgan. "Sheila has an in-depth understanding of our business from an accounting and finance perspective and is well positioned to step into this important leadership role in the company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV