FREEHOLD, N.J., Sept. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc. (NYSE: UMH) announced that, on September 12, 2012, it has closed on the acquisition of two manufactured home communities located in Ohio for a total purchase price of $5,900,000. With this closing, UMH now owns fifty-five manufactured home communities consisting of approximately 10,400 developed homesites.
These two communities total 280 sites situated on approximately 62 acres. The average occupancy for these communities is approximately 89%.
Samuel A. Landy, President, stated, "We are pleased to announce the acquisition of these well-situated communities. The operations of these communities will fit in nicely with our existing Ohio communities. We believe the prospects for the MH sector are very favorable and consequently with this new acquisition we have grown our portfolio by 53% over the previous three-year period."
UMH Properties, Inc., a publicly owned REIT, owns and operates fifty-five manufactured home communities consisting of approximately 10,400 developed homesites located in New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Indiana. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.SOURCE UMH Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV